Someone asked me what my recommendation was for wireless media players for the home theater. I own an Audiotron, but it’s really a compromise device and shows it years old age.
I dug around and found this little nugget: D-Link MediaLounge Wireless Media Player with DVD Player. A seemingly impressive device for under $300:
- 802.11b/g wireless (with WEP and WPA) and 10/100Mbit Ethernet
- Audio support: MP3, WMA, WAV, Ogg, AIFF, CD
- Video support: MPEG-1, -2, -4, XviD, AVI, DVD, SVCD, VCD
- Image support: JPEG, PNG, GIF, BMP, TIFF
- 5-in-1 media reader (presumably for still images from digital cameras)
- Streaming support: AOL Radio, Live365, Napster, Rhapsody
- Digital audio (coax & toslink), analog audio, composite video, S-video, component video
It sounds good on paper. I’m curious how it performs in actual use.